We often have questions regarding Accreditation:
- What does it really mean?
- How can I confirm that someone or something is accredited?
“Provider accreditation can only be with one SETA, but they have the approval to train different programmes in different SETA’s. These programmes has been approved by the relevant SETA who gave them the approval to train these programmes”
Lets see what SAQA say about Training Provider Accreditation:(Or click here to download this document)
A body may be accredited as a provider by an Education and Training Quality Assurance Body whose primary focus coincides with the primary focus of the provider, provided that the body seeking accreditation –
(a) is registered as a provider in terms of the applicable legislation at the time of application for accreditation;
(b) has a quality management system which includes but is not limited to –
(i) quality management policies which define that which the provider wishes to achieve;
(ii) quality management procedures which enable the provider to practise its defined quality management policies; or
(iii) review mechanisms which ensure that the quality management policies and procedures defined are applied and remain effective;
(c) is able to develop, deliver and evaluate learning programmes which culminate in specified registered standards or qualifications;
(d) has the –
(i) necessary financial, administrative and physical resources;
(ii) policies and practices for staff selection, appraisal and development;
(iii) policies and practices for learner entry, guidance and support systems;
(iv) policies and practices for the management of off-site practical or work-site components where appropriate;
(v) policies and practices for the management of assessment which include appeals systems;
(vi) necessary reporting procedures; and
(vii) the ability to achieve the desired outcomes, using available resources and procedures considered by the Education and Training Quality Assurance Body to be needed to develop, deliver and evaluate learning programmes which culminate in specified registered standards or qualifications contemplated in paragraph (c); and
(e) has not already been granted accreditation by or applied for accreditation to another Education and Training Quality Assurance Body contemplated in Regulation 2 of the ETQA Regulations.
- The client purchases the right to unlimited use of the material for training purposes within the organisation and for training its clients, such as a training provider would do. (Please note that the developer/The Company retain IP rights on the material)
- The client purchases the right to print, brand and add information as required. (Please note that this is not an exclusive right. The developers reserve the right to sell similar material to other training providers).
- Materials may not be reproduced in part or complete for any other purpose than training within the context of 2.1 above, without the written permission of the developers. The Copyright and Intellectual Property remains with the developers.
- You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership of our materials, modified or unmodified. All learning materials are the property of the developers and are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall the developers be held liable for any damages including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of the training materials.
- The client may not resell the material in any format whatsoever. Please contact Linda to discuss a finder’s fee / commission, should you refer a client, prior to contact between the developers/The Company and the new respective client. You may not sub-license, assign or transfer this license and/or agreement to anyone else without prior written consent from the developers. The training materials may not be re-sold and/or distributed as the developers own sole distribution rights for the training materials.
- The client may not sub-license, assign or transfer this license and/or agreement to any other party.
- Due to the nature of the product (electronic format documents that are non-tangible irrevocable goods, of which copies can easily be made before being returned) the developer/Company do not offer refunds. The Company wants the Client to be completely satisfied with the products purchased and therefore offers a sample to the Client to peruse prior to placing an order to ensure there are no compatibility problems.
- The developer will be available telephonically to support you during the SETA site visit and undertakes to do any specific material verification report corrections as may be required by the SETA verifier/evaluator once-off at no charge. Please note: upon receipt of the official verification report, the developer will allocate the first available slot in his/her schedule for the necessary work to be done. The remediation will be done in a reasonable time.