117871 Accredited Train the Trainer Course
117871 Train the Trainer Training
PUBLIC Schedule for this course: Click here
- Short name: Train the Trainer Training or Facilitator Training
- Full description: 117871 Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies
- Also known/referred to as:
- Train the Trainer course
- Facilitator course
- Presenter course
- Lecturer course
- Teacher course
- SETA Accredited: Yes, ETDP SETA NQF Accredited
- SETA: Education, Training, Development & Practices Sector Education & Training Authority (ETDP Seta) www.etdpseta.org.za
- NQF: 5
- Credits: 10
- Duration: 3 days
- Re-Assessment fees: None
- Assignment extensions: Up to 18 months at no additional cost.
- Hidden fees: None
- Workshops: Weekly in Durban
- Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa, Department of Labour and Microsoft Certified courses.
- Success rate of learner: Currently we have a very high success rate due to the “one-price-policy” that include additional support at no additional cost.
- POE Building: We don’t take any short-cuts such as POE building in the class and follow all the guidelines stipulated by SAQA and the SETA.
- Location: Public courses in KZN Durban but we do from time to time schedule classes in Cape Town and Gauteng.
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
Currently we have the following supporting structures in place for our members:
- Telephone support 7 days a week.
- Whatsapp –
- Cell. 0825507946 Tel. 0867227014 English.
- Cell. Zulu 0727372733 Tel. 0318115749 English/Zulu.
- Helpdesk – www.trainyoucansupport.co.za – 7 days a week (integrated email and sms notifications).
- Weekly workshops in Durban.
- Skype support – contact helpdesk for details.
- Members private forum with model answers to all activities including JOB opportunities.
- Private Members forum on www.trainyoucanforum.co.za.
- FREE members video blog on Youtube. www.youcantrain.co.za
- JOB opportunities for FREELANCERS. www.skillsjobs.co.za and www.trainingdirect.co.za
- This course is based on the Unit Standards 117871 – click here to read more
- People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Plan and prepare for facilitation;
- Facilitate learning; and
- Evaluate learning and facilitation.
- Purpose of the course: This unit standard will provide recognition for those who facilitate or intend to facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies. Formal recognition will enhance their employability and also provide a means to identify competent learning facilitators.
- Each learner will receive a learner guide and workbook during the contact session that will assist them with the building of their POE (Portfolio of Evidence).
- Learner will receive full instruction from us before the course to assist with the preparation of the course. Where possible additional resources will be provided to learners who are not able to get there resources.
- Learners are required to apply skills and knowledge obtained on the course in the workplace. As learners apply these skills, they produce evidence, which needs to be compiled into a portfolio of evidence (POE). This POE is submitted to Trainyoucan for assessment. Learners will receive a workbook and portfolio guide, which will guide them through the process. Any additional resources required will be provided by Trainyoucan to the learner, free of charge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Training Managers
- Mentors & Coaches
- Training Providers or newly registered Training Providers
- Accredited and NON-Accredited Employee/Training Providers
- Lecturers at Technicons, Private Colleges or Universities.
- HR Personnel
- Managers who need to do presentations
- Managers who need to train their staff
- Course Designers
- Persons with no formal presenting/facilitating training that needs to do presentations/training
- Sales personnel who need to train their clients
- Learning material developers looking to enhance their programmes
- Department of Labour approved Safety Reps/First Aid Trainer as part of their entry level requirements
- Microsoft Certified Trainers as part of their entry level requirements
- Learners studying towards their ETDP Qualification
BONUS DISCUSSIONS AND HANDOUTS DURING THIS COURSE
- Detailed induction of the SETA, SAQA, NQF and Credits.
- Detailed explanation on the types of accreditation found, namely individual, training provider and programme accreditation.
- Difference between unit standards and qualifications with detailed explanation.
- FREE templates and resources on this topic, ready to be downloaded to use from our members forum.
- FREE resources on compiling your personal CV and registration with the SETA for Assessors and Moderators.
- Learners will create during the contact session their own Training Checklist, Training Venue Checklist and Training Evaluation, ready to be used in the workplace.
- Two complete learning programmes, namely “Fire Fighting” and “Receptionist Training” will be provided to each learner in the class to assist them with their presentations. We provide you will all the documents and templates required.
- The credit calculation is based on the assumption that learners are already competent in the learning area in which they will provide training. (Have scope or experience to train in a specific field.)
- Recommended 14 days workplace experience in training or facilitation. (part time or full time)
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 (Metric Level))
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
Learner preparation for the contact session (Classroom Training)
- Attending the full contact session. (Classroom Session)
- Copy of ID and CV for registration purposes. (Indicating previous workplace experience)
- Pen and paper.
- A4 lever arch file + 12 dividers. (Cheap dividers)
b) OPTIONAL: (Not required but for those who want to start with the research)
- Laptop, I-Apple, I-Pot or I-Orange : Please bring! We will provide FREE WIFI Spot.
- 6 X Ice Breakers with full descriptions on how to use them.
- Any learning material that can be used during your practical sessions on Traveling, Receptionist and a third topic that can be delivered as a demonstration in the class. (TRAINYOUCAN will also provide learning material if this is not available = total of 3 presentations required)
- Internet access to view additional support on our Forum
The following types of JOB opportunities exist in the Educational Industry;
- Qualified Trainers and Assessors who offer their services as FREELANCERS. (People who are contracted-in by companies to perform training functions).
- Permanent employment opportunities for individuals with Training Providers as qualified Trainers, Assessors and Training Administrators.
- Appointed Training Managers in Corporate Companies.
- Lecturers at both public and private colleges.
- Microsoft Certified and Department of Labour Special Projects (Qualified Trainer Certificate as entry level requirement)
- Developers of course material for both short and NQF aligned courses.
- International JOB opportunities in the Education Field, based on the Outcomes Based Education or Common Core principles.
- SETA Project Managers, both internally and externally.
- HR related vacancies – becoming industry requirement with recruitment agencies.
- Industry specialist who want a change in career.
- Individuals who retire and want to generate additional income in their spare time.
- Self motivated individuals who offer part time courses on weekends or in their spare time.
- Enrol as a learner with Trainyoucan by completing the application form. (PDF document or the online enrolment)
- Attend the contact session with Trainyoucan. (Each course starts with a 2 hour induction on the SETA’s and explaining the accreditation process. (Most of the learners find this very useful.)
- We provide you with all the learning material that you need, including a workbook that you must complete. (Outside the classroom as required by the Unit Standard and OBE Learning)
- You complete the workbook and submit this to our offices for assessments, or you can attend any of our FREE workshops for additional support. Any person who attended any of our courses can attend our workshops for FREE. One of the assessors can also evaluate your POE (Portfolio of Evidence) during the workshop and provide you feedback immediately.
- Your POE is submitted to our Assessors that will complete the assessment process and provide directly feedback to you through our online tracking system.
- Your file is scheduled for verification with the relevant SETA and uploaded on completion. Your final Certificate will only be issued once the SETA verified your POE for security reasons and a final SOR will be issues. (SOR, also called the “Statement of Results” will be issued by the relevant SETA once the process was completed). You MUST receive your SOR one completion from any provider as proof that you were registered. NO SOR = NO ACCREDITATION. (Bear in mind that this process can take up to 3 months to complete.
- We provide you with all the guidance and resources to register with the relevant SETA of your choice.
ACCREDITATION AND QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK
The criteria for the accreditation of training providers define a number of requirements that include:
- Administrative procedures and record keeping and policies.
- Management review
- Authorization of affiliates
- Tutor selection, training and performance review
- Issuance of training certificates
- Learner Support
- Delivery, Assessment and Moderation practices
NOTE: There are basically two different types of accreditation:
- The training provider or the institute must be accredited by a SETA. “ETQA” (Their offices, policies and procedures. This can be any SETA = does not matter what type of courses they offer.)
- Each learning programme or qualification is accredited with the relevant SETA “ETQA” who is responsible for this programme. Also note that the word “accreditation” does not mean they SETA accredited. It must say “NQF Accredited”.
Before you can start with any course you should ask the following questions:
- Is the course accredited and with what SETA?
- What is the process and duration from start to completion?
- Are there any additional fees for support to re-submission?
- Entry Requirements? Do you charge for registration and why?
- What discount can I get if I do more courses with your institute?
- What after support and resources to you offer?